Since 2011, the Mobile Outreach program has grown to serve over 6,300 meals annually to connect with vulnerable people on the streets of Fort Erie.
The Mobile Outreach program is designed be a visible response to people experiencing homelessness or in threat of homelessness in Fort Erie by providing basic goods (food, sleeping bags, clothing), a regular schedule, consistency in staffing and to act as an entry point to a comprehensive system. Our continued goal is to develop trust, care for immediate needs, provide linkages to services and resources, and to help people get connected to mainstream services and ultimately into the community. We administer street outreach work that is part of a respected, integrated, well coordinated and resourced service that meets the needs of and empowers people who are or at risk of being homeless.
The Salvation Army works in partnership with other agencies and community volunteers to provide a holistic approach to address all individual needs.
The Stops for our Mobile Outreach Unit Are:
- Stop 1 - Fort Erie – The Salvation Army, 255 Gilmore Rd., Fort Erie 5:00 – 5:30 PM
- Stop 2 - Crystal Beach – Crystal Beach Public School 5:50 – 6:20 PM
- Stop 3 - Crystal Beach - Erie Rd (behind Crystal Chandelier) 6:25 – 6:40 PM
- Stop 4 - Fort Erie – Corner of Dufferin & Robinson Streets 7:00 – 7:15 PM
- Stop 5 - Fort Erie – Jarvis St. (between Central Ave & Klauck St.) 7:20 – 7:45
Across The Region
Stop by our regional Mobile Outreach Blog at www.nmop.ca.